The dress with the oversized sleeves
During the Christmas holidays I started a new little project for myself. This project took me so much longer than I thought.
To the struggles later …
My inspirations were the statement sleeves. You can see them now nearly everywhere in different styles.
In the Burda Magazine 12/2016 I found a pattern for the basement. (dress 112)
I started with copying all the patterns for the dress on soft paper. I had to copy 4 patterns. After that I started with changing the pattern a bit. I shortened the length of the sleeves and changed the V-neck to a U-neck. Then I cut all the pieces carefully.
Make sure you copied all lines (also inside).
Tipp: Be very careful with changing patterns!
Another change was the length and width of the dress. This whole step took me more than three hours. Of course I am not the fastest girl in this but you still will have some hours.
I started to fix the different patterns on my deep blue fabric.
Something to the fabric. I used a fabric who is similar like Jersey, but it was a bit thicker than the t-shirt Jersey.
I added for the seam and edging 1.5 cm and for the border 4 cm. I created with additions new lines and cut it out.
Now sewing! Yeeeaah!
To this step I cannot say much… Just stay alive!
I am kidding… Ok I had my struggles with the dress, but only because I was not happy with the pattern basement. So I had to cheat that all seams found each other. Most of the time there is always a way to fix it! =)
So that’s pretty it. I’m happy to wear my dress for some special occasions like a nice dinner with my boyfriend.
… and bssst… my next post will be again a DIY post with all the steps. I hope you liked this post as well.